Chances are, even after you've confirmed
your email account and bank account information you'll need to create
an API username for PayPal that's different from your shopping cart's
username. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your PayPal Business account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click the Profile tab. If you haven't already done so, you need to verify your account before requesting API credentials.
4. Click Request API credentials under Account information.
5. Click Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions under Option 1.
6. Click Request API Credentials.
7. Click Request API signature.
8. Click Agree and Submit.
9. Copy and paste the API username, password, and signature into your shopping cart's configuration or administration screen.
10. Complete the process by following your shopping cart's final steps.
it. Once you've received the API credentials your status on the PayPal
Express Checkout page within the WebControlCenter should show as