SmarterMail Sync can be used to sync contacts, calendar items and tasks with Microsoft Outlook. The SmarterMail Sync software will need to be downloaded and then installed on your local machine. Once the software is installed, you will need to configure your account.
To install SmarterMail Sync, please follow these steps:
1. Open a browser window and go to the following URL: http://mail.YourDomainName.com.
2. Login using your email address and password.
3. Click on Settings from the top menu menu, then go to My Settings > SmarterMail Client utilities.
4. Click download for SmarterMail Sync for Outlook.
5. Select a location to download the file and click OK.
6. Once the download completes, navigate to the download location and double click the install file to begin the installation.
7. Click Next to begin the install Wizard.
8. Accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
9. Click Install to begin the installation.
10. Click Finish once the installation completes.
To configure your account through Outlook, please follow these steps:
1. In Outlook, expand SmarterMail Sync and click Account Settings.
2. Click Add.
3. Enter the requested information:
Name: Enter your name.
SmarterMail URL: Enter the URL for the SmarterMail Web interface (http://mail.domainname.com).
Email Address: Enter the full email address.
Password: Enter the password for the email address.
4. Click Next.
5. Click Finish.
6. Expand Synchronize and click on the account you just created.