If you would like to modify the content style sheets manually, all of
the css files are located in the /skins/flat/styles folder. There you will see 3 files.
1) styles_templates.css – This is the css template file. It defines the
styles template (or base for result css). Newtek Cart uses this file
to generate the "final" css file.
2) styles.css – This is the generated css file. It is based on
styles_templates.css file, but there is the option to replace fonts
and colors tags with values from your cart settings.
3) fonts.conf – contains font settings for most of the elements in your cart
There are 2 ways how to add custom styles to your cart.
1) Backup your .css file by renaming it. This prevents the need to
change index.html to use a different file. If you create a separate css
file, and define your styles there, don't forget to call this file from
2) You can edit styles_templates.css, and add your styles there. But you
must use the same programming style already in place. Note – this is a
template file and it has special tags and commands for the Smarty
templates engine (you can learn more about smarty at
Please note: Some of these files are written to/from the cart software.
Your changes will only remain as long as site colors or fonts are not
edited in the Newtek Cart admin area.